Welcome

Currently I work as a technician/ teaching assistant in the art and technology department at a secondary school in East London. Prior to this I studied at London College of Fashion (LCF) and Central St Martin’s (CSM). I have been working as an artist since my time at CSM, mainly doing commissioned work and working for small bespoke design companies and set up my own company called Not Quite Lauren last year. Over the last year I have decided that I would like to focus on becoming a teacher. Hopefully on completion of this course I will be able to do a Graduate teaching program (GTP).

Saturday 25 September 2010

A bit of help/ advise if anybody needs it...

If like me you like to type up your post as a plain word document before you post then, and then cut and paste them into the new post text box. Make sure the font you use is verdana if you don't the HTML code isn't right and you won't be able to publish it. Something I learnt after may frustrating hours when building my website.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stepheie - a wide range of work on show here - you have been really busy. You have worked with a wide range of media and materials. I found your exhibition more enlightening when context was given. When showcasing work as you have done, it would be good to present a "story" of your work. You have clearly gone off in many directions in your work and show more fox like leanings than hedgehog ones (see last paragraph of my post entitled CV). It's also good to demonstrate a development and a coherence when showcasing work. It's very brave to post examples of your work as you have done - so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary, thanks for your feedback, i shall rework my portfolio and try to give it a narrative. I will also upload some of my research and development work to try and show complete project rather then just final piece. Thanks

    ReplyDelete